First, What is website?
Website is a collection of one or more web page and it is connected to the internet that maintains on WWW (World Wide Web).
What is web page?
Web page is a document commonly written in HTML and other programming language use for web development.
Basic types of website:
- Personal Website - use for individual or small group such as blog, portfolio or personal information of the owner.
- eCommerce Website - use for online store or website that can sell a product or services through online.
- Wiki Website - use for giving knowledge or information about the subject.
- Social Media Website - in this type of website, people are sharing their ideas and connecting people to another.
- News Website - the primary purpose of this website is to give current affairs.
- TV or video streaming Website - newest popular types of website, it gives entertainment in the internet, you can watch movies, watch television and sometimes live streaming.
Two main types of website:
- Static website - from the word "static" means unchanged or constant, the content is fixed and easiest to create unlike dynamic website.
- Dynamic website - from the word "dynamic" means changing, the content can change within the website and can contain client-side and server-side.
Common parts of website:
- Header - contains logo, navigation, search button and sometimes login and register button.
- Sidebar - it can be used for categories, section of pages and easy access links.
- Content - general body of the page contains title, news, description, product or services and post or article.
- Footer - part at the end of the page,contains copyrights or credit, sometimes menu, social media or description of website, location or maps and contact us.
What things are needed to make a website?
- Website Builder or Text Editor
- Hosting Provider
- File Transfer